Thanks to the efforts of our many supporters, Sojourner House has grown from a part-time, volunteer-run hotline into a provider of comprehensive services available to victims of abuse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We've taken steps to determine how best to prioritize our future efforts to help those who are most isolated due to abuse, as well as efforts to improve systemic and institutional responses to people in abusive relationships. As the demand for our unique services continues to grow, we are able to offer part-time and full-time positions to qualified candidates on an on-going basis.
Please continue to check back periodically, or subscribe to our mailing list to be notified as opportunities become available within our organization.
+ Executive Assistant
Job Location: Sojourner House Drop-In Center (Providence)
Reports to: Executive Director
Position: Full-time; 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday -- Friday
Salary: $17 to $19 an hour, depending on experience. Eligible for employee benefits, including accrued vacation/sick/personal time, paid vacations, health/dental insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Executive Assistant will be based out of the Providence office, and her/his primary responsibility is to provide management support to the agency and to assist the Executive Director with administrative tasks.
- Assist in the daily operations of the office;
- Institute and oversee office policies and procedures;
- Assist with answering the Providence office’s hotline;
- Read, research, and compile requested data;
- Collect and organize information (e.g. create spreadsheets);
- Initiate telecommunications;
- Make bank deposits and assist with mailing of invoices to vendors;
- Oversee office equipment and maintenance needs, including working with our IT staff to troubleshoot technology issues;
- Welcome guests and clients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; and answer or direct inquiries;
- Schedule and oversee office maintenance, contracts and vendors. Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; follow manufacturer's instructions; troubleshoot malfunctions; call for repairs; maintain equipment inventories; evaluate new equipment and techniques;
- Draft accurate and timely correspondence;
- Return phone calls and schedule meetings as necessary;
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; evaluate new office products; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies;
- Assist with the delivery of in-kind donations to different locations;
- Assist with data collection, including managing donor contact information;
- Maintain accurate records of donors and assist with regular correspondence to donors;
- Assist with individual donor fundraising tasks, which may include the following:
- Preparing mass mailings,
- Locating donor contact information;
- Drafting and mailing donor correspondence, and
- Scheduling donor meetings.
- Organize and maintain spreadsheets of confidential information;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated previous experience with administrative work in an office setting
- Comfort and familiarity with speaking on the phone
- Ability to work sensitively with diverse populations
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, responding to requests in a timely manner
- Computer skills: knowledge of MS Office, database management and Excel
- Knowledge of office systems and processes
- Access to a reliable vehicle
Application Deadline: Friday, May 11, 2018 In your cover letter please detail how you meet the requirements of the job (be sure to explain what previous administrative experience you have).
We do not have any part-time openings at this time. Check back soon!