The Sojourner House Safe House and Transitional Housing Apartments are constantly in need of the following items, as survivors transition through our residential program.
We rely almost entirely on donations to keep our Safe House and Transitional Housing apartments furnished, stocked, and comfortable. Since we do not own a truck, we do require that donors transport items to us. Please email info@sojournerRI.org if you or your company can assist in this important way.
While we appreciate the incredible generosity of our neighbors, due to the bed-bug crisis in shelters across the state, we cannot accept used clothing, bedding, toys, or wooden furniture. Please consider donating non-porous surfaced furniture, such as metal framed beds and shelves, and new clothing and toys. Thank you for understanding.
CURRENT NEEDS: Winter 2016
- Computer desk
- TV stands
- Swing Set
- Children's Plastic Dishes/Cups
- Coffee Mugs
- Cooking Knife Set
- Dish Washer
- Twin Size Mattresses and Box Sets
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, dish soap, ect.)
- Gift cards (esp. to Walgreens, Walmart, Target, Job Lot, Dollar Tree, or Family Dollar)
- Paper goods (toilet paper, paper towels)
- Child locks (particularly the u-shaped ones)
- Fitted sheets
- Bed bug mattress protector
- Waterproof mattress cover
- Two picnic tables
- Toys for kids to play with outside (balls, jump ropes, kites, etc.)
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Tylenol, ibuprofen, Aleve/naproxen
- Diapers: sizes 3, 4, and 5
- Bus passes
- Laundry detergent
- Baby bottle liners
- Hard plastic cups
If you would like to donate one of these, or other, items, please call (401) 765-3232 or (401) 861-6191 or e-mail email@example.com.